The Most Comprehensive Direct Modeling Capabilities on the Market
With Creo Elements/Direct Modeling you can make the most of direct modeling in 3D CAD.
Direct modeling is a lightweight, flexible design strategy that’s fast. If you want to modify geometry, click and use the drag-handle, or enter a new numeric value. That’s it. You can modify with complete freedom as to design intent. Because of this, direct modeling can be a potent source of competitive advantage when you need to change a model in record time or when it’s imperative to get your product to market first.
Creo Elements/Direct Modeling is a mature product with the most comprehensive direct modeling capabilities on the market, as well as a full range of extensions to meet specialized needs. So bring on your most radical design change or that one-off product: the software is intuitive, robust and up to the task. Even with massive assemblies. Moreover, you or anyone on your team can pick up and work on a direct 3D product with minimal ramp-up time. Try it. And you can easily incorporate multi-CAD data from partners or suppliers and then go on to produce a digital prototype or proposal quickly.
When you’re facing down design challenges or in a race for time, you’ll appreciate how straightforward and flexible Creo Elements/Direct Modeling is. With Creo Elements Direct Modeling, the faster your product gets to market, the more rapidly revenue is generated for your business.
Benefits of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling
- Shave time off design cycles by repurposing, or radically transforming existing designs into new and completely different products
- Rapidly iterate product designs to create better opportunities for market-winning products
- Accommodate major, unexpected design changes at any stage of development while keeping the transition to manufacturing on schedule
- Increase engineering productivity by eliminating resource bottlenecks and project delays via flexible design teams
- Directly leverage multi-source CAD data from suppliers and subcontractors in the design process
- Easily move from 2D to 3D and easily switch from other 3D CAD systems. All legacy 2D and 3D CAD data carries forward in Creo Elements/Direct Modeling
- Accelerate your product development process by leveraging seamless integrations to downstream Creo apps and other PTC products for advanced CAE, CAM, enterprise-wide visualization and technical illustrations
- Take design collaboration to the next level with cloud-based Augmented Reality.
Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Extensions:
- Creo Elements/Direct 3D Access: A CAD viewer for sharing 2D and 3D product design concepts securely across the organization and the supply chain.
- Creo Elements/Direct Advanced Design: A set of five integrated Creo Elements/Direct Modeling modules that work together to resolve potential manufacturing issues in your digital prototype
- Creo AR Design Share: You can view and share designs, securely collaborate with colleagues, customers, suppliers and stakeholders across the enterprise, and access your designs anywhere, anytime
- Creo Elements/Direct Cabling: Creates cables, harnesses, and bill-of-materials documentation, including drawings for electrical cables, harness routes, and nail boards
- Creo Elements/Direct Finite Element Analysis: A powerful Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tool for quickly analyzing your product’s performance under real-world design conditions
- Creo Elements/Direct Mold Base: Helps with the tedious task of creating mold plates and components by way of its highly interactive and intelligent tooling
- Creo Elements/Direct Part Library: A library of over 173,000 ANSI, DIN, ISO and JIS components, such as bolts, washers, nuts and miscellaneous hardware
- Creo Elements/Direct Sheet Metal: Extends the 3D CAD power of Creo Elements/Direct Modeling by giving you fast, flexible 3D design and data management capabilities
- Creo Elements/Direct Surfacing: Gives you powerful and robust surfacing capabilities to create stylized surfaces and design freeform shapes
- Creo Simulate/Creo Advanced Simulate: A set of advanced capabilities which enables you to study in greater depth how advanced, nonlinear effects could influence the performance of your products in development