Visualize and Manipulate Enterprise Data with Agility
Topaz® for Enterprise Data is part of the Topaz suite of mainframe development and testing tools. It enables developers and data architects to discover, visualize and work with both mainframe and non-mainframe data in a common, intuitive manner.
Topaz for Enterprise Data enables developers to:
- Visually manage vast quantities of data objects using the Data Relationship Visualizer
- Visually understand and tune complex related data extracts to create optimal test data with the Extract Visualizer
- Edit multiple datatypes with a single Enterprise Data Editor
- Easily compare data
- Search for data values in one or more files
- Process related subsets of data with minimal database expertise
- Maintain relationally intact data based on referential integrity (RI) or application relationships (AR)
- Extract relevant data using easy-to-use selection criteria or key values
- Load data into new or existing objects and apply necessary data transformation rules
- Execute a list of specifications as a group
- Leverage Test Data Privacy to mask sensitive data to protect individuals’identities and business-confidential data
The Value of Topaz for Enterprise Data
- Enables developers, test engineers and analysts to be more self-sufficient by provisioning data, when needed, reducing their need to rely on subject matter experts
- Single data editor replaces multiple source-specific tools for browsing and editing data
- Helps next-gen mainframe developers as well as seasoned IT pros
- Increases application understanding through rich visualization of data relationships and data extracts
- Improves application quality with better testing scenarios, simplifying the task of creating complete data extracts for testing purposes and accurately identifying the impact of changing pieces of data
- Increases data extract tuning opportunities through deeper understanding of data
- Reduces project timelines by giving developers and testers more autonomy, yielding greater productivity
- Simplifies and accelerates the testing process by enabling developers to compare files located on different LPARs
“Topaz provides our developers with a way to implement data privacy rules to obfuscate multiple data types across platforms and with consistent results.”
– Lynn Farley, Manager of Data Management, TCF Bank
Key Features of Topaz for Enterprise Data
Extract and Load Related Data
Simplify the complex task of managing data and preparing data for testing, enabling developers and test engineers to perform data-related tasks without writing programs or scripts, coding SQL or using multiple utilities.
Easily create specifications to extract related sets of data from one environment to be loaded into another. Extract just the relevant data needed for testing using easy-to-use selection criteria or starting key values. The extracted data will remain relationally intact based on the RI or AR. Data can then be loaded into the environment of choice by applying the necessary data transformation rules.
Single Data Editor
Edit and browse Db2, IMS, SQL Server, Oracle and VSAM files with one tool.
Compare Files, Including Between LPARS
Compare files, including those that exist on different LPARs, greatly expanding your ability to quickly and frequently assess the impact of your changes.
Understand Complex Data Objects and Their Relationships
View complex relationships and filter on the objects that are most important.
Visualize Related Data Extracts
Understand and tune related data extracts. Hot Spot filtering identifies potential problem areas in the extract and allows you to tune problem areas.