WinZip® Command Line
Control and configure WinZip directly from the command prompt with WinZip Command Line Support, a free add-on for users with a valid license (WinZip 17 or higher required).
- Automate repetitive tasks
- Work directly with batch (.BAT) files and scripting languages
- Access an extensive set of command line options to control WinZip’s actions
- NEW! Recognizes and supports FIPS policy settings for WinZip Enterprise in Relaxed Mode. (Enterprise only)
- NEW! Detects WIP (Windows Information Protection). (Enterprise only)
- NEW! WZZIP now includes XZ Compression using the -eg switch.
- NEW! WZZIP -m switch now moves files to the Recycle Bin.
- NEW! Microsoft Installer-based installation and removal.
- Improved compression
PPMd and bzip2 compression methods provide greater compression for many types of files.
Supports “Best” method zip operations, which now include the new LZMA and Jpeg compression along with the existing PPMd, bzip2, and WavPack compression methods.
- Advanced Zip file security
Easy-to-use, state-of-the-art AES encryption for your sensitive files.
- Secure your data
Supports “Password Policies” to designate the minimum length and character set of passwords and passphrases as well as the allowable encryption methods.
The Command Line Add-On has full support for WinZip’s new AES encryption.
- Make larger files
Support for the 64-bit extended Zip file format, which for all practical purposes eliminates the existing restrictions on Zip file size and capacity, is included in the Command Line Add-On.
- Unicode support for International characters in file names plus Storage
File level comments can now be stored using UNICODE characters.
- Windows attachment management support
WinZip works with Windows to block the extraction and execution of dangerous file types from Zip files.
- Stores and extracts files with extended time stamps.
- Fully documented
All commands and options are documented in a Windows help file for ease of reference.