VMware Workstation 15 Player
VMware Workstation Player is a streamlined desktop virtualization application that runs one or more operating systems on the same computer without rebooting. With its simple user interface, unmatched operating system support and portability, it’s now easier than ever for IT professionals to get their users up and running with a corporate desktop.
*Workstation Player requires a 64-bit processor and 64-bit host operating system
• The best way to learn about virtualization, Operating Systems or the VMware ecosystem
• Choose from hundreds of support Guest and Host OS’s
• Ready for the latest releases of Windows 10
• Run restricted virtual machines created by Workstation Pro or Fusion Pro
• Continue to run Windows XP or Windows 7 in a virtual environment on modern hardware
• Licenses can be purchased to enable EULA compliance to run in a commercial environment
Configure VMware Workstation 15 Player
Upgrade from Workstation 12 Player or greater
VMware® offers optional Support and Subscription Services (SnS) to VMware Workstation Player customers with the purchase of 10 or more licenses. Please update quantity above to 10 or more to proceed with purchase of support.
Includes 30 days complimentary installation support.
Technical Support, 12 Hours/Day, per published Business Hours, Monday through Friday. For more information about Basic Support click here.
Technical Support, 24 Hours/Day, 7 Days a week for Severity 1 cases. For more information about Production Support, click here.
VMware Workstation 15 Player Details
• Key Features
• System Requirements
• OS Requirements
Systems using Processors (CPUs) launched in 2011 or later are supported except:
• Intel Atom processors based on the 2011 “Bonnell” micro-architecture (e.g. Atom Z670/Z650; Atom N570)
• Systems using Intel Atom processors based on the 2012 “Saltwell” micro-architecture (e.g. Atom S1200, Atom D2700/D2500, Atom N2800/N2600.
• Systems using AMD processors based on the “Llano” and “Bobcat” micro-architectures (e.g. code-named “Hondo”, “Ontario”, “Zacate”, “Llano”)
In addition the following are supported:
• Systems using Intel processors based on the 2010 “Westmere” micro-architecture (e.g. Xeon 5600, Xeon 3600, Core i7-970, Core i7-980, Core i7-990)
• 1.3GHz or faster core speed
• 2GB RAM minimum/ 4GB RAM or more recommended
Host Operating Systems (64-bit)
• Ubuntu 14.04 and above
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 & above
• CentOS 6.0 and above
• Oracle Linux 6.0 and above
• open SUSE Leap 42.2 and above
• SUSE Linux 12 and above
Guest Operating Systems
More than 200 operating systems are supported, including:
• Windows 10
• Windows 8.X
• Windows 7
• Windows XP
• Oracle Linux