Find SQL fast in SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio
- Find fragments of SQL in tables, views, stored procedures, functions, jobs, and more
- Quickly navigate to objects wherever they happen to be on a server
- Search across multiple object types and multiple databases
- Find all references to an object
- Search with booleans and wildcards
Why use SQL Search?
You want to rename one of your table columns but aren’t sure what stored procedures reference it.
Using SQL Search, you can search for the column name and find all the stored procedures where it is used.
Finding anything in the Object Explorer requires a lot of clicking.
Using SQL Search, you can press the shortcut combo, start typing the name, and jump right there.
Make your life easier
You need to find stored procedures you’ve not yet finished writing.
Using SQL Search, you can search for stored procedures containing the text
Increase efficiency, reduce errors
Using SQL Search, you can look for
SELECT * in the text of stored procedures and views and replace them with a correct list of columns to improve performance and prevent future bugs.