Visualize dynamic system behavior in a virtual reality environment
Simulink 3D Animation provides apps for linking Simulink models and MATLAB algorithms to 3D graphics objects. Objects can be represented in the standard 3D modeling languages X3D and VRML97. You can animate a 3D world by changing position, rotation, scale, and other object properties during desktop or real-time simulation. You can also sense collisions and other events in the virtual world and feed them back into your MATLAB and Simulink algorithms. Video from virtual cameras can be streamed to Simulink for processing.
Simulink 3D Animation includes editors and viewers for rendering and interacting with virtual scenes. With the 3D World Editor, you can import CAD and URDF file formats as well as author detailed scenes assembled from 3D objects. The 3D world can be viewed immersively using stereoscopic vision. You can incorporate multiple 3D scene views inside MATLAB figures, and interact with the virtual world using a force-feedback joystick, space mouse, or other hardware device.
- Simulink blocks and MATLAB apps and functions for connecting models to virtual reality worlds
- Editors and viewers, including stereoscopic vision, for authoring and visualizing 3D worlds
- Collision detection for modeling ultrasonic, LIDAR, and touch sensors
- 2D video streaming, animation recording, and playback
- Visualization of real-time simulations
- Interaction with 3D views via a joystick, space mouse, or other hardware device
- Import from STL, DAE COLLADA, URDF, and SDF file formats