Print Control Wizard: Deep flexo know-how,
now for everybody
Intelligent print parameter wizard
The Print Control Wizard software adds a new level of simplification to the plate-making department.
Operators can use the wizard to quickly create premium flexo plates.
The tool uses all critical print parameters and variables (imaging resolution, exposure settings, plate, substrate, anilox, press type, inks, …) to standardize the generation of Crystal screens and curves for each application, removing all non-valued added tasks from the process.
Intuitive user interfaceunlocks powerful functionality
The Print Control Wizard is part of Esko’s renowned Imaging Engine. It comes with a new intuitive user interface which guides the user through the plate preparation process.
It’s built on Esko’s deep flexo expertise and automatically creates new Crystal screening for Esko’s Imaging Engine to rip the file before sending the separated LENx files to the CDI flexo imager and XPS Crystal exposure unit.
Benefits of using Crystal Screening with the XPS Crystal exposure unit
For the repro process:
- A Dot Clean Up function removes partial dots (which print dirty on the press)
- As tints and vignettes print clean, there is a reduced need to consider object-based screening
For the plates:
- Plates are more consistent with the XPS exposure unit
For the press:
- Less press stops for plate cleaning and quicker make-ready increases your Overall Equipment Efficiency
- Ready to move to fixed palette printing
For the printing quality:
- Print flexo with a full clean vignette
- Reduced dot bridging
- More ‘robust’ highlight dot offering
- Reducing/removing the flexo ‘hard edge’
- Grainy images. Tool to tune the amount of stochastic dot to limit the ‘grainy effect’
Highest quality level possible
A combination of the CDI Crystal, the XPS Crystal, Crystal Screening and the Print Control Wizard gives the highest quality and consistency of plates in the industry. No need for platemaking experts here.