Generate C and C++ code optimized for embedded systems
Embedded Coder generates readable, compact, and fast C and C++ code for embedded processors used in mass production. It extends MATLAB Coder and Simulink Coder with advanced optimizations for precise control of the generated functions, files, and data. These optimizations improve code efficiency and facilitate integration with legacy code, data types, and calibration parameters. You can incorporate a third-party development tool to build an executable for turnkey deployment on your embedded system or rapid prototyping board.
Embedded Coder offers built-in support for AUTOSAR, MISRA C, and ASAP2 software standards. It also provides traceability reports, code documentation, and automated software verification to support DO-178, IEC 61508, and ISO 26262 software development. Embedded Coder code is portable, and can be compiled and executed on any processor. In addition, Embedded Coder offers support packages with advanced optimizations and device drivers for specific hardware.
- Optimization and code configuration options extending MATLAB Coder and Simulink Coder
- Storage class, type, and alias definition using data dictionaries
- Multirate, multitask, and multicore code execution with or without an RTOS
- Code verification, including SIL and PIL testing, custom comments, and code reports with tracing of models to and from code and requirements
- Standards support, including ASAP2, AUTOSAR, DO-178, IEC 61508, ISO 26262, and MISRA C (with Simulink)
- Advanced code optimizations and device drivers for specific hardware, including ARM, Intel, NXP, STMicroelectronics, and Texas Instruments