View Performance of Mainframe Java Batch Programs, CICS and WebSphere Transactions
Topaz for Java Performance is part of the Compuware Topaz suite of mainframe development and testing tools. It provides unique visibility into the performance of Java batch programs, CICS and WebSphere transactions running on the mainframe, including:
- Peak CPU utilization of specific Java methods and classes
- Garbage Collection issues such as memory leaks and excessively long collection intervals
- Threads that are blocked or not actually doing useful work
Using Topaz for Java Performance, performance analysts can:
- Leverage the integration with Compuware Strobe for valuable insight into Java Virtual Machine (JVM) jobs and specialty processor usage
- Locate and correct Java performance issues more easily
- Pinpoint where CPU spikes occur and how much CPU is used at a given time
The Value of Topaz for Java Performance
- Boosts confidence pursuing benefits of running Java on IBM z Systems
- Minimizes cost of measuring JVMs by executing on specialty engines
- Lowers CPU usage by pinpointing where CPU spikes occur and how much CPU is used at a given time
- Reduces costs by ensuring technology works at maximum efficiency
- Increases efficiency by scheduling measurements instead of continuously monitoring systems
- Offers one tool for all types of z/OS on Java and a central interface to measure all JVMs across LPARs
- Monitors without impacting existing system performance
- Provides insights into performance by saving performance history
Key Features of Topaz for Java Performance
Deep-dive Java Performance Analysis
The integration of Topaz for Java Performance with Strobe allows performance analysts to quickly determine the root cause of any problem, whether it occurs inside the JVM (via Topaz for Java Performance) or outside the JVM (via Strobe).
Java Performance CPU Charts
Using Topaz for Java Performance CPU charts, performance analysts can pinpoint where CPU spikes occur, determine how much CPU is used at a given time and see what Java Call Stacks use the most CPU.
Prevent Memory Leaks
Topaz for Java Performance’s memory charts show memory growth over time, including periods after Garbage Collection.
Java Thread Management
Performance analysts can use Topaz for Java Performance to identify the Java threads executing in the JVM along with time spent in different states.