Migrate workloads to and from any environment – physical, cloud & virtual.
Simple, non-disruptive migrations
Carbonite Migrate allows you to easily migrate physical, virtual and cloud workloads to and from any environment with minimal risk and near-zero downtime. Options for finely tuned automation help orchestrate every stage of the process.
- Replicate data continuously to minimize downtime and enable fast cutover.
- Perform unlimited testing of the new environment without disrupting operations.
- Reduce downtime to minutes or seconds aCarbonite Migrates you cut over to the new server.
- Ensure data, files and system setting are replicated reliably.
How it works
Real time replication
- After installing Carbonite Migrate, the administrator selects the source and target servers through the console.
- The administrator chooses how to migrate data, with options from fully automated cloud orchestration workflows to DIY with our robust SDK.
- Once initiated, Carbonite Migrate performs an initial mirror of the data, applications, or complete server to begin synchronization.
near zero downtime
- Throughout the migration process, Carbonite Migrate continuously replicates changes from the source, automatically preserving an exact copy of data and configuration settings on the target server.
- Cutting over to the target can be initiated manually or automated immediately upon completion of initial synchronization.
- Migrates data and systems to, from or between any combination of physical, virtual, and cloud-based platforms
- Easy-to-use console automates and orchestrates migration configuration and management
- Scalable continuous replication with minimal performance or bandwidth impact
- Offers freedom from lock-in to any specific hypervisor, cloud vendor or hardware
- AES 256-bit encryption
- Comprehensive SDK for integration, automation and orchestration
- Windows Server
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Oracle Enterprise Linux
- SUSE Linux Enterprise
Any hypervisor, with native integration for:
- VMware ESXi and vSphere
- Microsoft Hyper-V
Any cloud platform, including:
- Microsoft Azure
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- VMware vCloud Director
- Google Cloud