UML Software Modeling Tool
Altova UModel is the starting point for successful software development.
Altova UModel is the UML tool that makes visual software design practical for any project. Visually design application models in UML and generate Java, C++, C#, or Visual Basic .NET code and project documentation. Or, reverse engineer existing programs into UML diagrams, then enhance your designs and complete the round trip by regenerating code.
What Makes UModel Superior to other UML Software Modeling Tools?
Intuitive Visual Modeling for all UML Diagrams
Supports All 14 UML Diagrams
UModel supports all 14 UML 2.4 software architecture diagram types, plus UML-style diagrams for XML Schemas and tables in popular SQL databases.
- Use case diagrams
Use case diagrams are often considered separately from other software architecture diagrams because they capture project requirements and can define the scope of an application under development.
UML Structural Diagrams:
- Class diagrams and object diagrams
- Composite structure diagrams
- Component diagrams
- Deployment diagrams
- Package diagrams
- Profile diagrams
UML Behavioral Diagrams:
- Sequence diagrams
- Activity diagrams
- State machine diagrams
- Interaction overview diagrams
- Timing diagrams
- Communication diagrams
It’s not likely any project will use all UML diagram types – software modeling allows flexibility in preferences and styles, and various tasks require different diagram types. Regardless which diagrams you create, UModel provides an unmatched visual interface and convenient features to make UML modeling easy and fun.
Visual Modeling Highlights:
- Dedicated toolbar for each diagram type
- Intuitive color coding and icons
- Entry helpers and fast editing buttons
- Cascading styles for colors, fonts, line size, and more
- Customizable alignment grid
- Layout toolbar for complete control of element sizes, alignment, and more
- Elements can be assigned to diagram layers and selectively viewed or hidden
- Unlimited undo/redo encourages exploring new ideas