Continuous integration and automated deployments for your SQL Server database
SQL Change Automation extends your application development processes so you can automate your database delivery too. You get instant feedback on your code changes, get the exact script you need for release automation, and, when you’re ready, you can deploy to production with confidence.
QL Change Automation is a capability of the SQL Toolbelt
Industry-standard products that make you more productive, your team agile, and your data safe
Automate your database change management process
SQL Change Automation completes your database delivery process by building, testing, and deploying the database changes you and your team check into version control.
You get a fast, reliable way to check and deploy your database changes, and because SQL Change Automation plugs into the build and deployment tools you use for your application, you get more out of your existing infrastructure.
With database automation in place, you’re freed up from manual database change management tasks, like sorting out deployment scripts, and can focus on more value-added work instead.
Built-in review steps ensure that your releases are production ready, the risk of database deployment problems is reduced, and you can start delivering updates to your customers as frequently as you like.
How SQL Change Automation improves your database and development process
Catch bugs and speed up database development with continuous integration
- Verify the structure of your database, confirm your changes can be deployed, and test your work with realistic data.
- Create tested packages that you can deploy with your CI or release management system, all in one process.
- Check how many statements in your database code are executed when you run your tests using SQL Change Automation with SQL Cover.
Automate your deployments safely with built-in review steps
- Generate SQL scripts that safely automate database deployment, for use with your CI or release management system.
- Get a full rundown of SQL Server changes, including a summary and a diff report.
- Provide your operations team with an optional review step before deploying changes to production.
Extend the systems you use to build and deploy your applications
- Make more of your existing build and release management tools with SQL Change Automation add-ons or PowerShell integration.
- Choose from one of the free add-ons available for Visual Studio Team Services, Team Foundation Server, Octopus Deploy, and TeamCity.
- Use SQL Change Automation PowerShell cmdlets to integrate with any build or deployment tool or create your own customized workflow.
Use as part of the SQL Toolbelt to complete your database delivery process
- Trigger an automated build when you check changes into version control with SQL Source Control in SQL Server Management Studio, or via the SQL Change Automation Visual Studio extension.
- Set up automated testing as part of your CI process by creating tSQLt unit tests with SQL Test.
- Test your changes with realistic data, based on your column and table names, with SQL Data Generator.
- Get up to date documentation as part of your CI process with SQL Doc – ideal for compliance with SOX and other legislation.