zAdviser uses machine learning to find correlations between developer behaviors and key performance indicators (KPIs) based on DevOps data and Compuware product usage data.
zAdviser captures a broad range of metrics to help teams improve quality, velocity and efficiency—including usage of specific Compuware tools and tool functions, source code management (SCM) KPIs and diverse DevOps performance parameters across teams, individual users and applications.
Teams can use this intelligence to pinpoint trends and patterns that may be helping or hindering their mainframe software delivery.
Quick-guide to Leveraging zAdviser
Step 1 – Request a zAdviser Analysis
Contact Compuware and request to see your Compuware mainframe tools, third-party solutions such as Atlassian Jira and ServiceNow, as well as your SCM system data in zAdviser. For customers who are already sending product usage data to Compuware, or have in the past, you may request to have this data loaded into zAdviser for analysis.
Step 2 – Stream your Data Securely
Stream your data into zAdviser in one of two ways:
- Seamlessly and securely stream your inputs into Amazon Web Services (AWS). With encryption in transit and at rest, you can continuously deliver your measurements to zAdviser for processing and analysis knowing your data is secure.
- Alternatively, you can periodically extract the usage data and FTP it to us or use the zAdviser File Transfer app.
Step 3 – View Your Data in zAdviser
See your data in zAdviser’s highly intuitive and interactive dashboards built on Elastic’s Elastic Cloud service and Kibana. You’ll get instant visibility into features and functions usage, software development and delivery processes, developer productivity and code-level information to help teams make evidence-based decisions that improve development and business outcomes.
Step 4 – Analysis and KPI Recommendations
zAdviser creates quality, velocity and efficiency KPIs based on data provided. The number of KPIs created is predicated on the breadth and depth of your data—the more data sources you provide, the more KPIs can be created.
Step 5 – Benchmarking
zAdviser aggregates data from customer sites across the world, enabling you to compare your KPIs against benchmarks that show how your organization is performing in relation to your peers. As more data is collected, you will be able to use the KPI benchmarks established by zAdviser to gauge the performance of your development teams relative to other teams in your industry vertical.
Step 6 – Continuous Measurement and Improvement
Use zAdviser on a continuous basis to get the actionable metrics necessary to continuously improve your organization’s development velocity, quality and efficiency.
The Value of zAdviser
- Leverage machine learning to show how patterns of behavior can help improve development processes over time
- Employ advanced analytics to drive efforts toward improving developer speed and quality as you transition to an Agile delivery model
- Use a program of KPIs to measure quality, velocity and efficiency over time and make evidence-based decisions
- Continuously improve development from proven best practices based on data trends
- See what tools your developers are or aren’t using and their patterns of use
- Pinpoint engagement opportunities and tactics to improve development capabilities
- Visualize constraints in changing source code and see what code might be contributing to technical debt
Meeting GDPR Requirements
VeraSafe, a leader in data protection, privacy and trust seals, evaluated zAdviser against relevant GDPR requirements and found it to be fully compliant with the regulation. This examination included a review of zAdviser to ensure that all elements of GDPR were fully addressed, such as:
- The right to be forgotten
- The right of access
- Data retention
- Connections to downstream applications and ticketing systems
- Method for applying changes and updates
- Information security practices